- This event has passed.
Age-Friendly Communities: An interactive discussion series
September 22 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 amFree
An interactive discussion series with community leaders, elected officials & planners. How can we design communities where all ages thrive?
About this event
Age-friendly communities are places where people want to grow up and grow older. They support and engage people of all ages- from our youngest neighbors to our eldest. Their design includes transportation, built environments, how communities share information– and much more.
They are only possible through intentional design and sustained collaboration between the governmental, philanthropic, nonprofit, and business sectors.
Please RSVP via Eventbrite.
Please Note: You must register for each discussion date separately.
Discussion 1: Bringing generations together through intentional age-friendly design September 22, 9:30 am-11:00 am MST
- Dive into the key elements of an age-friendly community
- Gain clarity around intergenerational design
- Hear from experts about examples of communities of all sizes doing this work
Discussion 2: How to create and sustain a community where all people thrive: Tools and tactics for planners and elected officials October 20, 2:00 pm-3:30 pm MST
- Learn methods and tools to facilitate planning and collaboration
- Bring your age-friendly community challenges and questions to our experts
- Hear from planners and officials who have co-designed age-friendly communities
About the Series
In this interactive discussion series, we need to hear from you- community members, local leaders, funders, planners, and elected officials.
We will look at age-friendly communities through the lens of intergenerational connections. What happens when we design programs and physical spaces that encourage meaningful connection across generations?
Presented in collaboration by LinkAGES and Lifelong Colorado Initiative.
Funded generously by the NextFifty Initiative.